"Cindy hits on the key rules that everyone needs to know to be successful. Her summation that, "Enhancing the way we communicate is the essential first step to self-development, interpersonal relationships, stress management, career navigation and simply getting through each day" is right on point! Honing my communication skills truly has helped me tap into a new career as well as new friendships."
Bernice Smith, former Director of Employee Services and Conflict Resolution, Harpo Studios, Harpo Inc.
Opportunity Evaluation and Negotiation
- Offer analysis
- Salary negotiation coaching
- Positioning for Success
Research and Relationships - Marketing Plan
- Personal marketing plan development
- Networking approaches and execution
- Strategic information gathering
- Relationship cultivation and expansion
- Selection and management of references and advisors
- Leveraging social media and online tools
- Target list development
- Resources search and evaluation
“WHERE AM I GOING?”
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator Personality Assessment
- Campbell Interest and Skill Survey
“WHO AM I?”
MARKETING SUCCESS REQUIREMENTS
BASIC TRANSITION ELEMENTS
Interview Preparation and Follow-Up
- Interview coaching, preparation and debriefing
- Strategic communications:
cover letters/thank yous/follow-ups
- Leveraging networking relationships
- Developing search firm contacts; using formal /
public position postings and online job boards
“HOW WILL I GET THERE?”
- Create surveys/reports
- Make presentations
- Attend events/conferences/seminars
- Write articles/blogs
- Develop/lead round tables
- Community/civic involvement
Resume and Profile Development
- Defining professional goals, roles and objectives
- Key experience identification and skills analysis
- Mission statement development
- Profile, bio and resume drafting and refinement
- Rationale for leaving current and former positions
Recognizing that every client is unique, Speak Easy Coach / CLF Consulting Services provides individualized consultation to fit specific needs. CLFCS Career Transition Coaching encompasses an array of resources and services to help individuals evaluate and competitively pursue their career goals. Cynthia Leeds Friedlander is an experienced professional coach, thought-partner, creative problem solver and tactical advisor, providing strategic consultation and support. The ultimate success of each coaching process directly correlates with the depth of expertise, experience, skill and support provided by CLFCS and the motivation, focus, time and effort of the individual in transition.
The following matrix lays out the major components of effective marketing and successful career transition:
THREE KEY QUESTIONS
"WHO AM I?"
"WHERE AM I GOING?"
"HOW WILL I GET THERE?"